Tuesday, January 11, 2005

For Karenlology: Kats of Kansas

Executive Cat: You're Fired!

Canon Digital Rebel, Canon 24-70L @70mm f/8 1/13

This post is for Karenology. The first two images show Quark,
Karenology's cat, at his home in Lawrence, Kansas. I took these
when Chiaroscuro and I visited Kansas over the holidays.

Pay attention, because this gets complicated. Quark -- almost
always called Quarkie -- is the brother of Frosty, one of the
two cats for whom Chiaroscuro and I are the hired help. (See
here for an image of Frosty.) Chiaroscuro adopted both Frosty
& Quarkie in Baltimore when they were kittens, but when she
moved to a place that didn't allow pets, they went to live in
Wichita, Kansas, with her sister, Karenology (and her mother
and brother). Chiaroscuro and I later took Frosty back to live
with us in Baltimore, and Karenology took Quarkie to live with
her at college in Lawrence. (I said it was complicated, not that
it was interesting.)

Innocent Cat: Who, Me?

Canon Digital Rebel, Canon 24-70L @70mm f/8 0.5 s

This image more accurately reflects what Quarkie is like -- all
wide-eyed innocence and, in fact, cluelessness.


Balcony Cat

Canon Digital Rebel, Canon 100-400L IS @400mm f/5.6 1/800

This cat isn't related to Frosty or Quark. I just saw it leaning out of
a second-story balcony, and thought it was pretty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm always happy to see good cat photos like these :-) Excellent composition on the Balcony Cat -- that one's my favorite in the group.

January 12, 2005 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger karenology said...

I love it! Cheers for cute kitties!

January 12, 2005 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger karenology said...

Oh, I thought I should point out that "Karenology: Kats of Kansas" = "KKK"...uh, not to complain about the use of my name or anything :)

Also, the subject of your first two photos is contentedly licking my computer monitor right now. Dumb cat.

January 12, 2005 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger luminouslens said...

Wonderful! What I like about all of these photos is that you seem to have captured something about their personalities. It's something about the life in their eyes, I think.

Quark looks just like Frosty! I didn't realize sibling brother cats were ever that similar to one another.

January 12, 2005 at 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love and love this set! And I'm happy for the family reunion; so from this I learn that Mr. Snow joined the group only later? :-)

stef & rollo - utterweb.com

January 18, 2005 at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home